Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meow meows


WARNING: Lots of cute kitties coming up! We had two momma cats have kittens within a day or two of each other in the same place (Buddy's old dog house). I was really trying to visit and handle them every couple of days, so that we could have some kitties around that were actually pet-able for Mallory.


However, that ended when these monsters....I mean kitties....came to live with us. They were dropped off at one of the clinics. Since that clinic also serves as the city pound, we were pretty full of cats already, so I said they could come live at the farm and be mousers. They are nice and tame. However, my momma cats were threatened enough that they moved their babies out to the barn.
We started out with five, but the day after they came home, another mom from Mallory's daycare called and asked if I'd mind parting with a couple. (They had an entire litter killed by a tomcat.) So they came and took two - including the little white one in the upper right corner of the picture. She was my favorite.....


Mallory actually enjoyed playing in the kennel more than anything. It was a really neat canvas one that had a zippered door. Oh the fun that can be had!













We also managed to get Mallory's Christmas present put together...I think it was Memorial Day weekend. Mallory is a very good helper - her and I managed all by ourselves. It's a really wonderful wagon with nice big rubber tires for our gravel roads. Mallory is still working on convincing the kitties that a ride is a good idea.


Finally, a poll. Which is cuter? I have my personal preference, but I may be biased....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, Brenda...why do you have to ask such hard questions?
Mallory or kitty, Mallory or kitty.....I...guess...MALLORY!!!!

The wagon is a very nice wagon, indeed. You should get quite a bit
of use out if it this summer along with the "whee"!

So, you can't find the baby kitties or haven't you gone exploring?

Jill Brochard said...

Awww -- I love baby kitties! I have been try to convince DH that we need to get a kitten for the girls this fall -- but so far it is a no go :(

Jay said...

Awe!!!!!! Dang my allergies to cats, I love them so. Very cute pictures, and I'd have to say Mallory wins hands down, sorry kitty. Ariel wants to come ride in that fun wagon. Hee.

Anonymous said...

Well first, to add to your poll... It is a very hard decision Mallory had a very nice smile making it a good head shot, aaaaallllllllthough I think we all know how much I LOVE soft furry cuddly things....sssssoooo the winner goes tooooooooooo......MALLORY! heeheee

Ok then,
YEEEAAAHH these were fun pictures. I especially like the first one of mallory sitting with the little baby kitty in her lap with the big ol smile and comfy cute pants I love. Definately my favorite. I wonder what it is with pet carrier things..geesh at least this one she could fit in other wise you know what would have happened. Aaahhhahahaha.
How cool is the wagon, even has cup holders. I think that plastic one would be better on the gravel than the metal ones, more comfortable for miss Mallory.

Amy said...

Cool wagon!! That would come in handy around here, if only we had garage space to store it! A down side to living in Cali I guess???? Oh and as far as the poll goes, MALLORY takes the cake on this one for sure!

Anna Marie said...

aw, great pictures! Mallory is absolutely adorable! She beats the kitty, hands down. I'm not much for cats, unless they are taking care of mice, but oh, the hair....

We have a similar wagon and absolutely love it. Both the girls love taking turns pulling and riding in it. I'm sure you'll really enjoy yours, too.