Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thanks mom!

I needed a kick in the pants to get back to blogging. I had such good intentions - honest! In fact, I had so many pictures that I spent a whole night uploading only to somehow have all my hard work disappear into cyberspace! Ugh. I just haven't had the heart to take another long night to redo my work. My mother oh-so-subtley (is "subtley" a word?) informed/reminded/TOLD me that I didn't have to get all the pictures up in one sitting. So. I just finished cleaning out my truck (except for vacuuming - I couldn't find an extension cord) and loading up the dishwasher and Mallory's still napping. I thought I'd grab a Diet Coke and appease the masses...or at least my mom and sister! ;)

This is the new addition to our yard. As if I didn't have enough obstacles to mow around.... Anyway, Mallory needed (yes, needed) a swingset. The silly plastic ones at Walmart are about $300 and look as if a slight breeze would blow them to South Dakota. So I was really hoping to talk Matt into investing in a wooden model that may last through a summer or two. However, before I really had a chance to make my pitch, Jo (Mallory's daycare provider) asked if we wanted one. Her friend from St. Cloud (about 2-3 hrs away) had one they didn't want anymore and so did the friend's neighbor. They were planning on chopping them up for a bonfire! Egads!! One of the other daycare families was planning on heading up to get the one and were so kind as to bring the second one back as well. FREE! Okay, twenty bucks. That's all they would take for gas money! Hooray!

This is how it arrived at our house. It was in four pieces. Fortunately, Matt was around to put it together right away - poor Mallory was about jumping out of her pants yelling "whee, whee" (her word for slide and swing).
However, because the pieces were so big, we had to leave Daddy alone to put it together. This is the face I got when we had to go away. She continued screaming about halfway to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

But, she was all smiles when we came home to find that the "whee" was fully functional. Now, she never forgets to remind me that "Daddy whee". (translation: Daddy was such a nice guy that he put together my swingset the very same day it arrived. I love Daddy and my swingset!)
Never fear....I still have lots more pictures to come!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAhhh, Brenda, it's soo nice to have you back again!! Yup! and about time too...those pictures have snow on the ground and this is June!!

Anyway....love the translations, I'm sure they're truly accurate.
Mallory is so funny...hmmm I think I know where that comes from...:)

Anonymous said...

HEEEE HHEEEEE HEE!!!! Mom summed it up pretty good! For not wanting to do your blog additions you did very well! I'd have to say the whole blog is a 10 if we were to score/grad it. Mallory is very funny. I can't believe you got that swing set for free*. When I scrolled down slowly, to suprise myself, my first reaction was a "WOooW" (outloud). That's awesome YYEEEAAHH! I guess I dont really know what kids know at what ages, but that's pretty cool that Mallory knew what it was even as it was laying on the ground in pieces. OH and I like her jacket. Yeah I whats with showing snow on the warmest weekend of the year so far? You are so good at telling your stories too. I really liked the translation too it added to the pictures and story.
Thanks. Waiting for the next...

Amy said...

Well I am glad the picture of your clover tongue doesn't come up first thing anymore now LOL j/k I am so glad you came back to blogging! That's the same swing set we had (the one I put together from scratch in our old house) I bet Mallory is loving life now! BTW- is that snow still on your grass???

Jay said...

SOOOOOOOOOO happy to have you back! We missed you! Love the swing set, I am sure Ariel would love to go whee down the slide too with Mallory.

missmarble said...

Lily loves her "whee" too! My mom had a friend that was getting rid of her kid's wooden play structure and we happily took it off her hands. Gotta love second hand free (or almost free in our case) play sets! Lily points at her swing and says "Whee please." and then points at the other big kid swing and says "Mumma whee". So we both swing.

So much fun, and you don't have to go all the way to the park.

Jill Brochard said...

Yeah!! Glad to see you are back!! Love your translation of Daddy Whee! I'm sure that is exactly what she wanted to say ;)

Anna Marie said...

Wow! Great deal on the swingset! Those things are expensive. Kayleigh keeps asking to 'wing, peese, mommy.' You know, swing? ;) I'm sure you'll all enjoy it!

BePe Baby said...

Whoooo hooo that is awesome!!! Great set and free even better!!!!