Sunday, March 23, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong....

...but I don't remember reading that Jesus oozed out of the tomb on Easter morning. I tried my hand at "resurrection rolls" this morning while Mallory recovered (napped) after 6:30am worship. The recipe is meant to be done with kids as an object lesson to show them the "empty tomb".

You're supposed to dip marshmallows in melted butter (embalming oil), roll them in cinnamon sugar (burial spices), then wrap up in crescent roll dough (the burial shroud). After baking, the marshmallow is supposed to melt, leaving an "empty tomb". Somehow, things went awry.

I even did a second batch and tried to make sure I sealed the edges really well. Nope. Oh well, at least my hot cross buns turned out a bit better.



Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

Jay said...

Ooh, that sounds very cool! I want to try that, post the details!!!

The hot cross buns look great too!

Amy said...

I got that recipe, but didn't try it yet. Your hot cross buns look DELISH though!! Actually the marshmallow buns look good too, who cares who they were supposed to turn out right?

Brenda said...

For the resurrection rolls: Melt some butter, make some cinnamone sugar. Dip large marshmallow in butter, roll in cinnamon sugar. Wrap up in one triangle of crescent roll dough - seal edges better than I did. :) Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown (or exploded).

Jill Brochard said...

Those hot cross buns looks so yummy!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

BePe Baby said...

never tried hot cross buns but they look tasiey!!

SarahRachel said...

Ha ha ha..that's hilarious. It's a great idea in THEORY at least! =) YUM on the hot cross buns!