Monday, February 4, 2008

Just some random anecdotes



I suppose I'll start out by sharing some more pictures of little Miriam. Mallory and I went down to visit on Saturday. Mallory loves babies. She was so excited to "hold" Miriam. She also liked giving hugs and petting her on the head. She'd sure make a good big sister....*sigh*


I've been working on losing weight with some of my SK friends. I was having a bit of trouble with the working out. The ideal time would be first thing in the morning before Mallory is up and I go to work. However, because I know myself so well, I know that there is very little that will get me out of bed before absolutely necessary....and working out is not one of those things! So, I was trying to fit in workouts between Mallory's bedtime and when Matt got home. Lord knows how silly I look when I excercise, and I really don't feel the need to subject anyone else to that scene. Problem with this plan is that Matt has been getting home right before her bedtime, lately. So, I was pretty excited when he went to the last part of a Superbowl party Sunday night.

I got out my Dancing with the Stars workout dvd and cleared an area in the living room. I was about 2/3 of the way through the workout, when I heard his truck (those of you that know his truck, know what I mean....). He usually spends some time on the phone before coming in the house, so I figured that I'd keep going until he came in the house. A few minutes later, I still hear his truck running.....it was then that I realized that he had turned off his lights and driven back down the driveway and was watching me through the window. Argh!

Oh well, since he now has seen me in full dancing glory, I figure it's safe to workout in front of him now. Problem solved. That is, if I can get him to give up the tv for an hour each evening. And if he doesn't like it? Well, he can always join me and show me how it should be done.



Speaking of losing weight, I've been sabotaged! We had a Valentine's exchange on our board and our friends Amy and Boston sent a huge bag full of chocolate! Chocolate doesn't tempt me, chocolate doesn't tempt me, chocolate doesn't tempt me....aww, who am I kidding? I love peanut butter hearts!

Mallory would also make a good little sister. Cousin Tera came over for a couple hours Sunday night. We even managed to get a bath!

I'm heading up to a veterinary convention this weekend. My mom is coming to stay with Mallory (and Matt). This means a serious whirlwind house clean is in order. Good thing I have tomorrow off. Wish me luck!

Okay, one last picture....Grandpa, Mallory and Joshua being silly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was quite the story time (and good pictures). I had to giggle quietly, since i'm at work. heehee

Anonymous said...

I really did enjoy the LOVELY story. I can just see the whole thing happening play-by-play.
Those first two pictures of Mallory and Miriam are REALLY GOOD..keepers..both of 'em.

Jay said...

Lol, second time hearing that story is just as funny as the first. Love ya Brenda, you are doing a great job!

Jill Brochard said...

Hahaha!! That is so funny! You'll have to remember that story when you are all buff! ;)

SarahRachel said...

I think that's hilarious about your husband! At least now you can work out in front of him! =)
I looooove those pics of Mallory with the sweet little baby! She WILL make an awesome big sis.
I hope you're having a great convention and enjoying the deluxe accommodations.

Amy said...

Awww Brenda you look good with 2 kids!!