Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sorry 'bout that

I guess I kind of left you hanging after last Friday. I kept meaning to post again, but forgetting to upload some of Mallory's new pictures. Unfortunately, now that I've finally remembered, I can't get the camera and computer to communicate properly. Hmm.....

Anyway, I'll try to give you a quick rundown of our last week or so.

Last Saturday, Mallory and I went down to Holland to visit Aunt Kasey (and Joshua and Miriam). Mallory and Joshua had a tough time sharing, but both enjoyed playing on the stairs. Mallory also enjoyed visiting Miriam again, she really likes babies! After naptime, we headed home, with a brief stop at Grandma Deb's to visit her and Tera.

On Wednesday, I got to help judge a sixth grade science fair in Marshall. It was actually kind of fun. There was a huge variety of topics....everything from teeth whitening to insulation to energy drinks. Mallory "got" to come with me since Jojo was at the state girls' hockey tournament with her daughter.

Since I was supposed to work all day on Thursday and all of my trusty back-ups were busy, Mallory was at a new daycare that day. I think it went okay, considering, but due to some scheduling snafu's at work, I ended up picking her up about 11:30. She came with me to Ivanhoe and hung out while I spayed a dog, then we went home.

Friday morning found Mallory and I at work together again. It was pretty slow, so we ended up leaving about 11:00. That ended up being a good thing, since she fell asleep on the way home and slept for an hour and a half once I got her in her bed.

Today, we played supermodel and had some 18 month pictures taken at WalMart. She wasn't terribly cooperative - she kept wanting to stand up, but she was too tall for the background that way. We ended up getting a couple good shots, and since I just went with their advertised offer ($5.99....gotta love it!), that was just fine. Interesting how the nice photographer lady wasn't nearly as nice once I told her I didn't want the $60 package!

Tomorrow should prove to be interesting. Billie and Paula have invited Mallory and I to go shopping (Tera's coming, as well.) Hopefully Mallory will snooze enough in the car so that she's not extraordinarily cranky....I'm taking our big stroller, just in case.

So ultimately, nothing too exciting has been going on. But, considering the excitement of my last few posts, I'm totally okay with that. Maybe next time I'll be able to share some pictures.

4 comments:

Jay said...

OOh, can't wait to see the pictures! Silly computers wreak everything!

Amy said...

I am patiently waiting to new new pictures!! I wish you were here in CA so you could spay my doggie- it would be so nice to take her to someone I actually know, and feel comfortable with!

Anna Marie said...

Can't wait to see those pics!! :)

Jill Brochard said...

Waitibng patiently for pictures!! Glad things are slowing down and getting back to normal!