Friday, November 9, 2007

Well now I feel dumb!

I think I've finally figured out my camera. I've been having issues with it draining the rechargable batteries super fast (as in I could only take about 10 pictures before the battery died!) and with the batteries not recharging while on the dock. I even bought a new plug-in battery charger and I have 4 pairs of batteries...and they all did the same thing. I was starting to wonder if it was worth sending it in for repair, or to just shop for a new camera.

But then I decided to experiment. I learned that my camera dock only recharges the original Kodak camera battery - and doesn't work with other NiMH rechargables. PLUS, I think that setting the camera on the dock with "other" batteries in it actually drains those batteries. Who'd have thunk??

Anyway, I'm in a much better mood now that I've figured that out. Hopefully that also means that I'll be getting some more pictures to add here. Cross your fingers!

I also got the cutest little keychain digital camera from the Walmart clearance aisle yesterday! It's about 2x3 inches and does almost everything a regular digital camera does - video, self timer, etc. The only problem is that you can't see the pictures you take until you upload them to the computer. The best part it that it was $12!!! I'm hoping I'll be able to capture more cute and funny pictures of Mallory since I won't be quite so nervous hauling that one around with us. I can't wait to try it out!

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

Oooh camera issues. I could write a book on that! ;-) That keychain digi camera sounds awesome!! I want to see a pic of it!